Sunday, December 25, 2011

Food & Friendship in Guatemala

December always reminds me of the time I spent in Guatemala City.  A unique city built in zones and full of contrast - a mix of modern and historic structures and a mix of wealthy and poor.  It really reminded me of Los Angeles, California.

I was in Guatemala because the women's softball team I was playing on was competing against the Guatemalan National Team.  Just like in Russia (United by Food) the two teams bonded on and off the field with food and fun.


Both teams feasting after a day of competition.
A Guatemala National Team member teaches the Americans the basics of a Guatemalan dance.

Lynette and Ingrid enjoying the fried chicken.

Oh, yeah, Pizza Hut is also in Guatemala City.
My travels have verified my belief that no matter where in the world we happen to be and no matter who we happen to meet everyone can come together enjoying a bit of healthy competition, food, and dancing and develop awesome friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment