Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NaBloPoMo: Dear 18-year-old Me

Dear 18-year-old Lynette,

Hi, you don’t know me. Actually you know me pretty well. I’m you in your forties. While I wait for the letter to arrive from our 70-year-old self, I’ve decided to write you a short letter giving you some insight into your future. I’m not going to tell you everything you need to do differently because then I wouldn’t be who I am (we are) now. 

You’re life is an amazing journey. You will travel throughout the world touching and being touched by the lives of some very wonderful people. Know that the dreams and desires in your heart are coming true in ways that you have never imagined. Life will have some bumps and bruises along with outstanding joy.

You’re ability to feel what others feel will grow stronger allowing you to love even more. You will encounter people who in their suffering will try to bring you down. All you will be able to do for them is to love them. As you grow older you never lose your passion for helping others grow, learn, and achieve. Some people will say that makes you unique. That’s a good thing.  Even at my (our) age, you’re still you, loving the smell the first rain brings, splashing through the puddles, and even laughing in the bathroom.

You’re world is about to be rocked beyond anything you could have imagined. Good or bad I won’t say but do know it makes us who we are today. I’m proud of you. You’ve made me who I am today.

Love,
2011 Lynette

PS. When the letter from our 70-year-old self arrives, I’m half expecting it to say …
What were you thinking?! Tell her the foods she thinks are healthy for her are not - she's allergic! Stop eating corn, tomato, cantaloupe, beans, yeast… Oh, just send her the attached 2 page list. You’ll (we’ll) be a better person because you did.

#NaBloPoMo #NHBPM #HAWMC

No comments:

Post a Comment