Monday, November 7, 2011

November is National Health Blog Post Month


While reading the @CinderellasPear blog yesterday I discovered that November is National Health Blog Post Month #NHBPM and that the Health Activist Writers Month Challenge #HAWMC is taking place. It’s 30 posts in 30 days.

My first thought was I’m not an “Activist” but then I realized I had just never labeled myself as such. According to wiki.answers.com “An activist is a person who is passionate about what they believe in and helps educate other people about the subject at hand.” Okay, I’m passionate about food related health issues and sharing my thoughts may help educate others. Even if it is just letting them know they are not alone in their food/ health quest. I am an activist and I'm okay with that. I may or may not get something posted daily but I’m looking forward to reading what others are posting. I believe there is always more to be gained by listening – in this case – reading what others have to say. 

If you are interested in taking part of the #HAWMC challenge go to http://www.wegohealth.com/ to get the prompts for the posts. 

I know this is silly but when I think of a quest I think of being armed with a sword so that’s why I’m sharing this photo which happens to be from a film I was in.

Sword Wielding Warrior on a Quest

No comments:

Post a Comment